Sunday, January 27, 2008

The purpose of life

I had this conversation with a friend which took place a few weeks ago. In the conversation, the issue about how many relationships i've had, and the number she's had arised. Well, this leads to a point she brought up, which i kinda disagreed with it. Apparently, she has only been involved in 2 relationships, simply because she does not wish to carry the "playgirl" tag around her neck.

This is what i don't understand. I mean, what is our purpose here? Physicists said our purpose is to find the beginning of everything, which is why they came up with " the big bang" theory. Christianity said we are here to serve god, and so do the Muslims, Buddhists said we are here to experience the suffering and joy in this wretched world, which resulted in my friend saying that Buddha is a pessimists. haha. As for me, i'll have to say that my purpose here, is to search for our soulmate. Our other half. Our mr. Right/mrs. Right.

And of course, in our dire search for our other half, which is so hard to be found is this gargantuanly big cruel world called Earth, we are bound to stumble upon our non-soulmates, which in the end resulted in failed relationships. These are all a part of our life's learning curve. This is what we are supposed to be prepared to embrace. Learn from mistakes or failed relationship, improve ourself and become a better person in the future. Learn to love better, learn to care better, learn to give unconditional love, and last but not the least, learn to forgive.

I've had one failed relationship, and it took me 2 years to realise she's not my mrs right. I've no regrets whatsoever during my 2 years "internship" with her. In fact, i wanted to thank her, for making me a better person. The same goes to shooting star as well. The fact that she turned me down, has make me a better person too. I'm glad that god gave me the opportunity to meet them.

No comments: